Single-Wavelength Collimated Microscope LED for Fluorescence Excitation by Mightex System
Mightex Systems developed and produced microscopy light sources are collimated microscope LED light sources designed for fluorescence microscopy in the research laboratory. These light sources are ready to be mounted on existing lamp ports of various microscopes to replace traditional light sources such as incandescent lamps and arc lamps.
Why a Microscope LED instead of Arc Lamps?
A Microscope LED has many desirable features for fluorescence microscopy applications:
- LED intensity can be directly modulated through driving current. This gives you accurate control over intensity, which means less bleaching and phototoxicity, and no need for neutral density filters.
- LEDs also have a fast response time, in some cases as short as 10ns. It is easy to coordinate LED illumination time with camera acquisition time, decreasing the likelihood of bleaching and phototoxicity.
- With the state-of-the-art high-brightness technology spectral density of LEDs have reached or exceeded that of some short-arc lamps. LEDs may also be pulsed at a current much higher than the normal rating, resulting in higher output (Visit the BioLED range page to see how this makes a difference).
- Another feature of LEDs is their high stability and repeatability of output intensity compared to that of short-arc lamps. For this reason LED sources are fast becoming the leading choice for quantitative measurements.
- LED light sources are also compact and dissipating less heat than many other light sources, leading to healthier samples.
- Finally, the long lifetime of LEDs translates into low cost of ownership and trouble-free operation possibly for the lifetime of the microscope.
Why the MLS-series LEDs instead of those from other suppliers?
The Mightex Microscope LED is exceptionally flexible because of its modular design. This makes your investment more future proof, since you can easily
- move the light source from one microscope to another,
- add a liquid light guide for coupling the light source to the microscope,
- choose between several modes of control and
- upgrade it to a multi-wavelength (See here) or enhanced intensity light source (See here)
The MLS- series of microscopy light sources also employs aspherical collimating optics to generate uniform illumination with at the sample plane. Light is also collimated in a way that optimizes light delivery, which means that you lose the minimum amount of light before it arrives at the sample level.
Flexible Control Options
The MLS series include a 2-meter cable to connect to a Mightex LED controller. The following Mightex LED controller models are recommended (See accessory section below to add these controllers to a request for quote):
- SLB-1200-1 – Single channel, manual and analog control with display
- SLA-1000-2 – Two channels, manual and analog control without display, compact size
- SLC-MA01-U – Single channel, computer control, USB interface, compact size
- SLC-SA02-US – Two channels, computer control, USB and RS232 interfaces, external trigger, 20 micro-second time resolution
Standard adapters are available for the MCI CleverScope, Leica DMI, Nikon Eclipse, Olympus IX and BX, and Zeiss Axioskop microscopes.
Please contact us for support of other microscopes and to know more about microscope led and microscope lighting systems.
Please visit the Mightex Systems website to find more information about the Single Wavelength Collimated Microscope LED.